How to make work feel less like a chore
Enjoying your work can be challenging but there are a few things you can do to make it easier. First, focus on the positive aspects of the job and find ways to make it more enjoyable.
There is a bit of difference in your job and your work
Job vs. Work
My job is considered the official role I have been hired to do, and the duties and responsibilities that come along with it.
My work is the broader scope of tasks I am taking on to accomplish the goals of my job. It includes the day-to-day activities, can include research, problem-solving, and the collaboration that helps me reach my professional objectives in a setting.
Take time to appreciate the tasks you are doing and the progress you are making. It can also help to break up the day with activities that make you feel good, like taking a short walk or listening to music while you on a break.
Additionally, connect with your colleagues and build a positive work environment that encourages creativity and innovation. If you work from home and are self employed then connect with like minded individual in your field. Connections make all the difference while working as others can associate what you maybe feeling throughout the days.
Make use of tools like to-do lists and calendars to stay organized. Finally, don’t forget to reward yourself for your accomplishments to keep yourself motivated and on track!
Staying motivated to stay on task can be a challenge! Here are a few tips that might help:
1. Break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable goals.
2. Reward yourself for accomplishing each goal.
3. Set realistic deadlines for yourself and use a calendar to keep track of progress. This could be board or timer on your phone calendar.
4. Eliminate distractions like social media and focus on the task at hand.
5. Talk to a friend or family member for encouragement and accountability. Make sure they are a trusted go to source who can keep you on focus towards the goal at hand.
6. Listen to music or an audiobook to help keep you engaged.
7. Take breaks throughout the day to keep your energy and focus. Stretch so you don't get stiff while sitting for periods at a time.
Finally, don’t forget to take breaks and spend time away from work doing the things you love.
Sometimes those things are connected to your actual job that you perform on the daily as with me I am a creator and DIY'er. I love to make things with my hands and use imagination creating mind to visual to create a overall feel with my designs.